Information for Attorneys
The NC Industrial Commission cannot provide you with legal advice on your case. Since we are a State Agency dedicated to objectivity and neutrality, we cannot suggest an Attorney, Insurance Carrier, Medical Provider or any other 3rd-party entity to assist or support citizens.
ATTENTION EMPLOYEES AND EMPLOYEE REPRESENTATIVES:
Information regarding the workers’ compensation carrier for your employer may be obtained from the Industrial Commission when one of the following has occurred:
- You have filed a Form 18 asserting a claim against the employer.
- The employer or carrier has filed a Form 19 reporting your injury.
The Industrial Commission sends out an acknowledgement letter when a Form 18 is processed that contains information about the insurance carrier. However, if you have not yet received an acknowledgement letter and you need this information, you may contact the Industrial Commission. It is not required that you provide insurance carrier information when completing a Form 18 if you do not have that information.
Compromise Settlement Agreements (Clinchers)
The North Carolina Industrial Commission offers a secure FTP site (ftp://18.104.22.168), so that law firms, insurance companies, medical facilities, and other entities and individuals may upload Compromise Settlement Agreements (i.e., Clinchers) and other documents and correspondence for the Commission to view. Click here for complete instructions on how to use this FTP site. Click the link to download the Form 28C - Report of Employer or Carrier/Administrator of Compensation and Medical Compensation Paid Pursuant to a Compromise Settlement Agreement.
If you have questions related to Compromise Settlement Agreements that you have submitted or general questions about CSA's, please contact the Executive Secreatary's office by emailing email@example.com. Someone from our office will respond.
If you have problems uploading or questions about the FTP site itself, please e-mail the NCIC IT Section at NCICIT@ic.nc.gov or you may call the IT Section at (919) 807-2590 or (919) 807-2589 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. EST/EDT Monday-Friday.
Special Note to Users of Internet Explorer Ver. 7.X or Higher
If you are using Internet Explorer Version 7 or higher, the FTP folders may
not display properly. This is due to a re-design of the newer versions of Internet Explorer.
When you enter the address and connect to our FTP site, you will see a welcome screen with
the legal disclaimer. Click on the "Page▼" pulldown menu on the Tab Bar and select "Open FTP
Site in Windows Explorer..." A new window will open with the "Upload" folder visible.
Motions Heard by The Executive Secretary
The following list is representative of the types of general Motions which are commonly handled by the Executive Secretary:
- Motion to Compel Discovery Responses pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 97-80 and Rule 605
- Motion to Comply with Rule 607 Request
- Motion to Compel Production of Form 22 pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 97-2(5)
- Motion to Compel Production of Employment Security Records pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 97-42.1
- Motion for Extension of Time to Respond to Discovery pursuant to Rule 605(1)
- Motion for Extension of Time to Respond to Form 33 pursuant to Rule 603
- Motion to Reinstate Compensation after Unilateral Termination of Compensation pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §§ 97-18, 18.1
- Motion to Reinstate Compensation after Unsuccessful Trial Return to Work pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 97-32.1 and Rule 404A
- Motion to Issue Compensation Check on Timely and Weekly Basis pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §§ 97-18 (b) and (e)
- Motion for Removal of Rehabilitation Professional pursuant to Rule IX of the Rules for Utilization of Rehabilitation Professionals in Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Motion to Compel Compliance with Medical Treatment and/or Vocational Rehabilitation pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 97-25
- Motion for Dismissal pursuant to Rule 613
- Motion to Enter or Approve of Consent Order
- Motion for Communication with Physician pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 97-25.6
- Motion to Consolidate Cases
- Motion to Add or Remove Parties
- Motion to Approve Guardian ad Litem pursuant to Rule 604 (Form 42)
- Motion to Remove Case from Hearing Docket pursuant to Rule 613
- Motion to Approve Expert Witness Fees pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 97-26.1 when not connected to a hearing
- Motion to Allow Pre-Hearing Depositions
- Motion to Reimburse Travel Expenses pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 97-25 and Rule 407
- Motion to Approve Form 18M pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 97-25.1 and Rule 408
- Motion to Comply with Rule 601
- Motion for Late Payment Penalties pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 97-18
- Motion to Withdraw or Substitute Counsel pursuant to Rules 614(2)
- Motion for Extension of Time to Respond (to any of the above motions)
- Motion to Withdraw Administrative Motion
- Motion for Reconsideration of Administrative Order or Decision pursuant to Rule 703(1)
- Motion for Stay of Administrative Order or Decision pursuant to Rule 703(2)
This is not a comprehensive list. For more information or if you have questions regarding the role of the Executive Secretary, please contact the Executive Secretary's Office.