NC Industrial Commission IT Section
The mission of the Information Technology Section is to facilitate and support the use of technology as an enabling agent for the work of the Commission. To accomplish this mission, the Information Technology Section has the following objectives:
- Providing excellent customer service to our internal and external customers
- Designing, developing, deploying and supporting high-quality software solutions
- Safeguarding the information and infrastructure of the Commission
- Developing and managing the information management strategy for the Commission
In support of these objectives, the Information Technology Section has the following responsibilities:
- Developing plans and procedures for technical and operational processes
- Developing software programs and upgrades
- Maintaining agency software applications
- Managing software licenses
- Maintaining and upgrading onsite hardware
- Administering databases
- Managing data security and access
- Providing technology training
- Providing internal end-user support for hardware, software and network issues
- Scanning, indexing, verification, storage and retrieval agency documents
What We Cannot Do
We cannot provide you with access to internal agency systems, or provide information from or about those systems. We cannot provide technical support to external stakeholders, beyond navigational assistance regarding the agency website. Callers who are seeking information about filing a workers’ compensation claim or the status of form agreements will need to speak with someone in Claims Administration.
The NCIC IT Section is the appropriate section to call ONLY for:
- Navigational information about our website
- Errors or omissions on our website
Information about current IT projects and initiatives will be updated here.
Information Technology Update: Improving Our Service to You -- presentation at 2012 Education Conference by CIO Kirk Leggott.
The IC, IT and You -- presentation at 2010 Education Conference by CIO Kirk Leggott.
The following personnel may be contacted directly for questions or comments about the areas they support. If you have questions related to Operations or Infrastructure, please contact the Office of Information Technology Services at the numbers listed above.
|Repairs or Support||ITS Service Deskfirstname.lastname@example.org||(919) 754-6000
|Chief Information Officer||Kirk Leggottemail@example.com||(919) 807-2656|
|IT Operations Manager||Grant Pairfirstname.lastname@example.org||(919) 807-2512|
|Information Security Officer||Michael Brittemail@example.com||(919) 807-2590|
|Webmaster||Robert McDowellfirstname.lastname@example.org||(919) 807-2630|