Section 9: Special Services
Click here to return to the Table of Contents
- CPT Code 99075 "Medical Testimony" is a fee set by the NCIC hearing officer. Pay per the hearing officer’s "Opinion and Award."
- The Commission has ruled unofficially that travel to secure job replacement is a part of Rehabilitation services and covered under N.C. Gen. Stat. §97-25 when properly documented. Effective January 1, 2009, travel expense decreased to 55 cents a mile.
- Job-site visits, reviewing video tapes, and viewing X-rays are covered under Rehabilitation services but need prior approval from the Insurance Carrier. These bills are not submitted to the Commission, but are paid by the Carrier.
- Reimbursement for supplies and equipment must not exceed twenty (20) percent above the provider’s cost. An invoice may be required by the carrier before reimbursement is made.
- There are some items that have no CPT codes, such as any type of supply or minor anesthesia. These must be entered as 99070.
Commission Assigned Codes
See Fee Section 2 for Complete list
|NCIC Code||Procedure Description||NCIC Allowance|
|MC001||Non-Paid services||no allowance|
|MC002||Miscellaneous approved services|
|MC003||No show appointment||no allowance|
|MC004||Follow-up days included in global fee||no charge allowed|
|FS100||Flow meter||$100.00 per day|
|FS200||Flap monitoring||$100.00 per day|