North Carolina Self-Insurance Security Association.
§97-134. Plan of Operation.
The Plan is as follows:
- The Board shall adopt a Plan of Operation and any amendments necessary or
suitable to assure the fair, reasonable, and equitable administration of the
- All member self-insurers shall comply with the Plan.
- The Plan shall:
- Establish the procedures whereby all the powers and duties
of the Association under
will he performed.
- Establish procedures for investing and managing Fund assets.
- Adopt a reasonable mechanism and procedure to achieve equity in assessing
- Establish the amount and method of reimbursing members of the
Board under G.S. 97-132.
- Establish procedures by which claims may be filed with the Association and
establish acceptable forms of proof of covered claims.
- Establish regular places and times for meetings of the Board.
- Establish procedures for records to be kept of all financial
transactions of the Association, its agents, and the Board.
- Provide that any member self-insurer aggrieved by any final action or
decision of the Association may appeal to the Commissioner within 30 days after
the action or decision.
- Contain additional provisions necessary or proper for the execution
of the powers and duties of the Association. (1985 (Reg. Sess.,
1986), c. 1013, s. 1; 1987 c. 528, s. 11; 2005; 2011.)
Return to Table
of Contents page for Chapter 97. Workers' Compensation Act.
Text of Chapter 97. Workers' Compensation Act.
N.C. Industrial Commission ·
4340 Mail Service Center ·
Raleigh, NC 27699-4340
Main Telephone: (919) 807-2500 ·
Fax: (919) 715-0282
NCIC Home Page: http://www.ic.nc.gov/