The Deputy Commissioners are currently organized into four teams, consisting of a team leader and four or five other Deputy Commissioners and/or Special Deputy Commissioners. The state is divided into three geographical regions (Eastern, Central, and Western), and Team’s 1, 2, and 3 will continue to rotate geographically across North Carolina. Team 4 will not have direct geographical responsibilities. Team 4 will principally be assigned “special projects,” including extended special set cases, uninsured claims, and Prisoner State Tort Claim Motion Hearings; and serve to balance case overloads throughout the three regions.
Trial of Prisoner State Tort Claims and Eugenics Claims will be conducted by Scott B. "Bart" Goodson.
Last updated 10 March 2014.
DEPUTY COMMISSIONER INDEX
Chief Deputy Commissioner: Christopher Cameron Loutit. Deputy Commissioners: Philip A. Baddour III | J. Brad Donovan | Stephen T. Gheen | James C. Gillen | George T. Glenn II | Scott B. "Bart" Goodson | Melanie Wade Goodwin | Myra L. Griffin | George R. Hall III | Robert J. Harris | Phillip A. Holmes | Victoria M. Homick | Bradley W. Houser | Kim Ledford | Keischa M. Lovelace | Adrian A. Phillips | Chrystal Redding Stanback | Theresa B. Stephenson | Wanda Blanche Taylor | Mary C. Vilas.
You may view, download, and/or print the following PDF (Portable Document Format) versions of Deputy Commissioners’ calendars. To view or print these PDF files, you must have a copy of Adobe® Acrobat® Reader. Click the button below to obtain your FREE copy of Adobe® Acrobat® Reader. (NOTE: Please pay close attention to this software’s installation instructions and licensing agreement.)
Click here to Get Adobe® Acrobat® Reader now!
Click the hypertext line below right to e-mail a Deputy Commissioner, and click the appropriate hypertext line below to view, download, and/or print the following Deputy Commissioners’ calendars.
July-December 2013 Calendars
For the months of July-December 2013, the team assignments are:
Chief Deputy Commissioner
- Christopher Cameron Loutit, Chief Deputy Commissioner,
Click here to read a brief biography of Chief Deputy Commissioner Loutit.
Eastern Region (Team 2)
- Philip A. Baddour III, Team Leader, Philip.Baddour@ic.nc.gov
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Baddour.
- Raleigh Hearing—January 8 and 9
- Raleigh Hearing—January 14 and 15
- Raleigh Hearing—February 10-13
- Raleigh Hearing—March 11-14
- Raleigh Hearing—April 22-24 (revised March 7)
- Robert J. Harris, Robert.Harris@ic.nc.gov
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Harris.
- Greenville Hearing—January 15 and 16 (revised December 9)
- Raleigh Hearing—January 17
- Wilmington Hearing—February 20 and 21
- Greenville Hearing—March 25 and 26
- Edenton Hearing—March 27
- Wilmington Hearing—April 9-11
- Phillip A. Holmes, Phillip.Holmes@ic.nc.gov
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Holmes.
- Wilmington Hearing—January 7-10
- Farmville Hearing—February 10-13
- Wilmington Hearing—March 18-21 (revised February 7)
- Farmville Hearing—April 21-24
- Victoria M. Homick, Victoria.Homick@ic.nc.gov
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Homick.
- Raleigh Hearing—January 16
- Raleigh Hearing—February 12
- Raleigh Hearing—March 12
- Raleigh Hearing—April 9
- Chrystal Redding Stanback, Chrystal.Stanback@ic.nc.gov
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Stanback.
The Eastern Region includes: Beaufort, Bertie, Bladen, Brunswick, Camden, Car teret, Chatham, Chowan, Columbus, Craven, Currituck, Dare, Duplin, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Gates, Granville, Greene, Halifax, Harnett, Hertford, Hyde, Johnston, Jones, Lee, Lenoir, Martin, Moore, Nash, New Hanover, Northampton, Onslow, Orange, Pamlico, Pasquotank, Pender, Perquimans, Person, Pitt, Sampson, Tyrrell, Vance, Wake, Warren, Washington, Wayne, and Wilson counties.
Central Region (Team 3)
- Kim Ledford, Team Leader, Kim.Ledford@ic.nc.gov
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Ledford.
- Carthage Hearing—January 14
- Concord Hearing—January 15 and 16
- High Point Hearing—January 17
- Fayetteville Hearing—February 24-27
- Lexington Hearing—March 5
- Concord Hearing—March 19-21
- Fayetteville Hearing—April 1-3
- James C. Gillen, Jim.Gillen@ic.nc.gov
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Gillen.
- Raleigh Hearing—January 9 and 10
- Mocksville Hearing—January 16 and 17
- Raleigh Hearing—January 30
- Mocksville Hearing—January 11-13
- Mocksville Hearing—March 26-28 (revised February 5)
- Mocksville Hearing—April 8-11
- George T. Glenn II,
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Glenn.
- Wilmington Special Set—March 11
- Carthage Hearing—March 25 and 26
- Durham Hearing—March 27 and 28 (revised February 6)
- Durham Hearing—April 29-May 2
- Melanie Wade Goodwin, Melanie.Wade.Goodwin@ic.nc.gov
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Goodwin.
- Fayetteville Hearing—January 22 and 23
- Fayetteville Hearing—January 29 and 30
- Monroe Hearing—February 5
- Rockingham Hearing—February 6
- Asheboro Hearing—February 26 and 27
- Fayetteville Hearing—March 5-7
- Fayetteville Hearing—March 19
- Monroe Hearing—April 8
- Carthage Hearing—April 9
- Rockingham Hearing—April 10
- Salisbury Hearing—April 25
- Bradley W. Houser, Brad.Houser@ic.nc.gov
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Houser.
The Central Region includes: Alamance, Alleghany, Anson, Ashe, Cabarrus, Caswell, Cumberland, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Guilford, Hoke, Montgomery, Randolph, Richmond, Robeson, Rockingham, Rowan, Scotland, Stanly, Stokes, Surry, Union, Wilkes, and Yadkin counties.
Western Region (Team 1)
- George R. Hall III, Team Leader,
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Hall.
- Asheville Hearing—January 14-16
- Raleigh Contempt Hearing—January 22
- Raleigh Hearing—January 23 and 24
- Raleigh Hearing—February 20
- Asheville Hearing—February 24-26
- Asheville Hearing—March 18 and 19
- Raleigh Hearing—March 26 and 27
- Asheville Hearing—April 10 and 11
- Raleigh Hearing—April 16
- Myra L. Griffin, Myra.Griffin@ic.nc.gov
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Griffin.
- Charlotte Hearing—January 7 and 8 (revised December 3)
- Charlotte Hearing—January 14 and 15 (revised December 3)
- Charlotte Hearing—February 4 and 5
- Charlotte Hearing—February 18 and 19
- Charlotte Hearing—March 4 and 5
- Charlotte Hearing—March 12 and 13
- Charlotte Hearing—April 1, 2, and 4
- Charlotte Hearing—April 14
- Keischa M. Lovelace, Keischa.Lovelace@ic.nc.gov
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Lovelace.
- Raleigh Hearing—January 7
- Fayetteville Hearing—January 17
- Charlotte Hearing—January 21 and 22
- Charlotte Hearing—January 27-29
- Charlotte Hearing—February 17-20 (revised January 10)
- Raleigh Hearing—March 10
- Charlotte Hearing—March 14
- Charlotte Hearing—March 17
- New Bern Special Set—March 21
- Charlotte Hearing—March 25-27 (second revision February 10)
- Statesville Hearing—April 22
- Charlotte Hearing—April 23 and 24
- Theresa B. Stephenson, Theresa.Stephenson@ic.nc.gov
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Stephenson.
- Raleigh Hearing—January 13
- Raleigh Special Set—January 28
- Raleigh Hearing—February 19 (revised January 13)
- Raleigh Hearing—March 26 and 27 (revised February 7)
- Raleigh Hearing—April 23
- Mary C. Vilas, Mary.Vilas@ic.nc.gov
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Vilas.
- Hickory Hearing—January 9 and 10
- Gastonia Hearing—January 23
- Wilkesboro Hearing—January 27
- Lenoir Hearing—February 10
- Gastonia Hearing—February 11 and 12 (third revision February 5)
- Lenoir Hearing—February 13
- Gastonia Hearing—March 11 (second revision March 7)
- Wilkesboro Hearing—March 21 (second revision February 24)
- Lenoir Hearing—March 24 and 25
- Lenoir Hearing—April 4
- Gastonia Hearing—April 7 and 8
- Wilkesboro Hearing—April 28
- Statesville Hearing—April 29 (second revision March 10)
The Western Region includes: Alexander, Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, Cherokee, Clay, Cleveland, Gaston, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Iredell, Jackson, Lincoln, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mecklenburg, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Swain, Transylvania, Watauga, and Yancey counties.
- J. Brad Donovan (Special Sets),
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Donovan.
- Charlotte Special Set—January 13-17
- Durham Special Set—January 27-31
- Charlotte Special Set—February 3-7
- Durham Special Set—February 24-28
- Durham Special Set—March 3-7 (revised January 24)
- Charlotte Pretrial Hearing—March 17 (revised January 24)
- Charlotte Special Set—March 18-21 (revised January 24)
- Raleigh EC-Special Set—March 31
- Durham Pretrial Hearing—April 7
- Durham Special Set—April 8-11
- Charlotte Pretrial Hearing—April 21
- Charlotte Special Set—April 22-25
- Stephen T. Gheen (Special Sets),
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Gheen.
- Durham Special Sets—January 6-10 and 13-17
- High Point Special Set and Pretrial Hearings—February 6 and 7 (second revision January 6
- Asheville Special Sets—February 17-21
- Cary Special Set—February 26 and 27
- Asheville Pretrial Hearings and Special Sets—March 10-14 (fifth revision February 17)
- Raleigh Pretrial Hearings and Special Set—March 24-28 (second revision January 23)
- Washington Pretrial Hearings and Special Set—April 3 and 4
- Yadkinville Pretrial Hearings and Special Sets—April 8-10 (second revision January 14)
- Halifax Pretrial Hearing and Special Sets—April 16 (revised February 21)
- Durham Special Sets—May 5-9
- Wilmington Motions Hearing and Special Sets—May 19-23
- Scott B. "Bart" Goodson (Prisoner Cases and Eugenics Claims),
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Goodson.
- Raleigh Hearing—February 4
- Raleigh Hearing—February 6
- Raleigh Hearing—February 21
- Raleigh Hearing—February 26 and 27
- Adrian A. Phillips (Noninsureds),
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Phillips.
- Raleigh Noninsured Hearing—January 16 and 17
- Durham Noninsured Hearing—January 21 and 23 (revised December 10)
- Asheville Noninsured Hearing—January 31 (revised December 6)
- High Point Noninsured Hearing—February 3 and 4
- Greenville Noninsured Hearing—February 20 and 21 (revised January 10)
- Concord Noninsured Hearing—February 26-28
- Fayetteville Noninsured Hearing—March 6 and 7
- Durham Noninsured Hearing—March 19-21
- Asheville Noninsured Hearing—March 28
- Raleigh Noninsured Special Set—April 4
- Wilmington Noninsured Hearing—April 10 and 11
- High Point Noninsured Hearing—April 23-25 (revised March 10)
- Concord Noninsured Hearing—April 28-30
- Wanda Blanche Taylor, Wanda.Taylor@ic.nc.gov
Click here to read a brief biography of Deputy Commissioner Taylor.
Team 4 does not have direct geographical responsibilities. It will principally be assigned “special projects,” including extended special set cases, uninsured claims, and prisoner State Tort Claim Motion hearings; and serve to balance case overloads throughout the three regions.
NOTE: Dates and locations of trips may change if courtroom space at that location is unavailable during that particular week. After dates and locations are finalized, the deputy commissioners will mail their trial calendars to all those whose cases are set for trial.